I ask because apparently the roommates and I are going to the drive-in movie tonight, and our other options are Spy Kids (NO), Columbiana (yay Zoe Saldana, ugh yet another assassin movie and 36% RT rating), Conan the Barbarian (er, no thank you?), and Fright Night (which is moderately decent, the flist has told me, and probably my first choice unless y'all convince me otherwise).
So, a poll:
What should Snick + roomates go see tonight?
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Conan the Barbarian
Spy Kids 4
These options are pathetic. Stay home and make the roommate watch Gattaca instead.
ETA: Yeah, so the roommates and I decided to stay home and watch SPN instead. Cheaper and more comfortable.
We really are lame, aren't we?
Also, you know that one flashback to Mexico where we see Andrew and Jonathan sharing a bed? I've always wondering about fannish consensus for that scene. Hence, a poll!
For a contrast, I find Faith and Buffy a real challenge to write together, even though post-series they clearly need to be BFFs.
So, a couple of questions: which couples (romantic or not) do you find easy to write? Which couples do you find hard to write? I'm not looking for shipping preferences here; I'm curious to know ships/pairs of people that you've actually tried to write together. If you've never tried your hand at Angel/Cordy, for example, feel free to leave that blank for both. OTOH, if you keep wanting to write the great Xander/Cordy epic and can't get started, that counts.
Note that this list is a bit idiosyncratic and not exhaustive.
( Ye Olde Polle )
2. I would not hate getting cavities filled quite so much if the whole process didn't smell so bad. I spend a lot of my time trying not to breathe.
3. What about vamps? And teeth? I can think of only one fic author who has dared venture into the fraught and perilous question of vampire dental health: rebcake, with Just a Couple of Misfits.
4. I'm willing to grant that vampires are mystically protected from cavities, but what about accidents? Suppose Braindead Minion #1 tries to take a taste of the Venus de Milo. What then? I think a poll is in order.
1. The final scene certainly indicates that it's a reality that operates independently of demon-induced hallucinations.
2. Sunnydale-as-fantasy is more easily believable than Sunnydale-as-reality.
Plus, it'd take care of every plothole and inconsistency ever. So what if Normalverse!Buffy changes her mind about who Spike's sire was or has nonsensical knights running everywhere? It's a wonder her world hangs together as well as it does! (Personally, if I hallucinated a whole fantasy world, I'd like to think that it'd be much more internally coherent than the Buffyverse, but this is the housemate's post.)
So, a poll:
So, in honor of the renewal, a very simple poll, because I haven't really wandered into Dollhouse fandom and thus have no idea what the general fannish opinions are.
Personally, I think I'm most apt to want to browse fic by author or by season set. I might want to browse by pairing, except that the fic-posting session in question is pairing-specific.
I just posted a poll about indexing preferences. Why yes, I would cross-reference for fun, if I had anything that needed cross-referencing... *uses semi-appropriate icon*