In ascending order by kudos
Better When Aged - I seem to have written Darla/Rupert Giles! I'd forgotten all about it. Apparently it was for bruttimabuoni, which suggests it might have been that one year I did Christmas drabbles? Anyway, it's set during the pilot and is awfully fun - I wouldn't mind seeing more of those two together.
A Wyndam-Pryce Tradition. So once upon a time an enterprising soul tried to start a Buffyverse kinkmeme. The problem was that nobody in Buffy fandom had any idea how kinkmemes worked. For example, someone prompted "Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, solo" and I wrote a fic about Wes on his first vampire hunt. (I'm also not sure most of us were self-aware enough to know what kinks where, although it's possible I'm projecting a lot there.) It's... fine? This might be the only time I have ever written Wes, come to think of it.
Abandon Hope (the Mary Quite Contrary mix). This is the one and only remix I've ever written, and it was like PULLING. TEETH. Hence why I have never written another. But if you fancy a character study of Drusilla, trippy dark queen of my heart, via drabbles, this fic is here for you. I think it turned out rather well, considering how torturous it was to write. The drabble about Dawn is my favorite. I also like the soul/wineskin parallels. One of the reasons I always enjoyed writing Dru was how I could use Christian language and metaphors with her.
Two Suckers in an Icebox - the only abandoned WIP I have in namespace. It's Faith/Giles in a post-apocalyptic world that I also wrote about in Oz, After the Apocalypse, and I could never figure out where it needed to go, alas.
Lacking. This is actually my FIRST EVER Buffy fic which I wrote almost immediately after seeing 5.07 Fool for Love. Quite frankly it's the kind of plotless meandering thing people mean when they say they don't like character studies, but I was tickled to rediscover it anyway, because: first fic. :')
Bonus: a sonnet by Spike, circa S6, which doesn't technically have enough words to appear but otherwise qualifies. I am to this day, eight years later, super freaking proud of this sonnet.
I love you all. <3
silk ribbons (986 words) by Snickfic
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Drusilla/Faith Lehane
Characters: Drusilla (BtVS), Faith Lehane
Additional Tags: Dreams, Undressing, Seduction
She pouts, lips pursed, and Faith doesn’t go in for weird chicks but she’d kiss those lips. She’d lean in right now if this freaking corset weren’t holding her so stiff.
as the gentle rain from heaven (1757 words) by Snickfic
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Faith Lehane/Buffy Summers
Characters: Buffy Summers, Faith Lehane
Additional Tags: Watersports, Alpha/Beta/Omega Dynamics, Nonnies Made Me Do It
Every O watered the flowers at least once; it was part of the teen experience. All the movies said so. It was fine.
You know that meme that goes around sometimes where you post your five favorite kinks and then five favorite couples, and it's like a wish into the universe to see if anybody will write it for you? Let's make it a little more interactive.
Comment here if you want to play, and I will give you 3-6 couples or characters that I associate with you, and you make an entry in your journal talking about those couples/characters and fics that you wish the universe would write for you.
( my ships: Gen/Jared, Faith/Buffy, Sid/Geno )
Again, recorded by RickyPulsifer - Darla+Lindsay McDonald, Ats, 8 minutes
The first time Darla rose from the dead, it wasn't like this.
Tea Parties, recorded by RickyPulsifer and the_dragongirl - Dru/Buffybot, 12:21 minutes
Dru has lost all her dollies, but she knows where to find a new one.
1. Your 3 fanworks with the most AO3 comment threads: Make Yourself at Home (Hockey RPF, Sid/Geno, bowerbird AU), my new most popular fic ever. Three Christmases with Miss Honey (Matilda, Matilda + Miss Hockey), a moderate hit for YT one year that I thought might be my most popular fic until the end of time. Switch Hitter (Hockey RPF, girl!Sid/Geno, D/s AU).
2. Your 3 fanworks with the most kudos: Base Notes (Hockey RPF, Sid/Geno, a/b/o) – my first hockey fic! Make Yourself at Home, again. And finally And in Health (Hockey RPF, Sid/Geno). This fandom has spoiled me for kudos, basically.
3. Your oldest fanwork: A Right Sorry Couple of Vamps (BtVS/Ats, Spike+Darla), written for the Fall Fandom Free-for-All back in 2008.
4. Your latest fanwork: three's a crowd (SPN, Tamara+Sam), a weird, atmospheric little futurefic for spn_j2_xmas.
5. Fanwork you are proudest of: ONE fanwork?? How about I just pick one that comes to mind: worn for sleeping (SPN, Jess/Sam), which is moody and creepy and has a twist and says stuff about canon, all in 1100 words. Still super pleased with how that one turned out.
6. Your longest fanwork: Still Seraph (BtVS, Spike+ensemble, mpreg), a 67k fic I finished in 2009. Have never even come close since. But I've got a WIP that might bump up close to it if I can ever finish. /o\
7. Your 3 fanworks with the most bookmarks: Base Notes, Make Yourself at Home, Switch Hitter. Hockey fandom does it again.
8. Your top 3 crossover works: I have no idea how we're measuring this. I write very few crossovers anyway, but here are three I'm fond of: This is the World We Made (BtVS/Dollhouse, Dawn+Topher), the first fic I've managed to write that really gets at how I feel about how freaking badass Dawn Summers would grow up to be. The Very Small Girl and the Monster (BtVS/Firefly, River+Spike), far-future fic for BtVS in which River meets someone who can finally explain who she is. Lift (Firefly/Matilda, River+Matilda), another River-centric crossover that gets a lot of mileage out of her dreams. Probably the crackiest crossover I've ever attempted, in terms of canons crossed.
9. Your favorite characters to portray: I'm going to assume this means "favorite characters to write, in which case Dawn Summers, Illyria, Jo Harvelle, Genevieve Cortese, Geno.
Anyway, here were my results. "In chapters" means the fic was posted to AO3 in chapters, which generally increases exposure and kudos count. "One-shot" means it was posted all at once (regardless of length). "Backdated" means it was manually given a date earlier than posting, ie, six years before the archive opened.
1. If I Knew Then… by daughtershade – Spike/Xander, 48k (in chapters)
2. Small and scaly by devo79 – Spike/Xander, 27k
3. Just a Counterfeit James Dean by impertinence – Faith/Buffy post-series, 57k (one-shot)
4. Loserville by shrift – Spike/Xander, 16k (backdated one-shot)
5. Piece of Cake by spuffy_luvr – Spke/Buffy all-human AU, 99k (in chapters)
6. Wish You Were Here (Instead of Me) by CristinaK – Buffy+Willow+ensemble gen, 4k (one-shot)
7. Vampire's Kiss by flitterfluttyfly – Spike/Xander urban fantasy AU, 7k (one-shot)
8. Twisting the Harvest by akasakasan – Angel/Xander canon divergence AU, 27k (in chapters)
9. Away from the Numbers by EntreNous – Spike/Xander PWP, 15k (in chapters)
10. Sweet William by LittleMouse – Angel/Spike canon divergence AU, 31k (in chapters)
One of the things about AO3 is that it's very slash-heavy, so it makes sense that Spike/Xander has such a good showing here. I don't know how its actual activity compares to activity for, say, Spike/Buffy, but I feel comfortable saying that Spike/Xander was not five times as popular as Spike/Buffy.
I also am just not interested in hardly any of this. I spent the longest time thinking slash just didn't appeal to me, until I moved on to a new fandom and realized that no, what hadn't appealed to me were Angel and Xander, and there wasn't much slash to be had that didn't include at least one of them! And all-human AUs have always had zero appeal for me.
I think I tried the Faith/Buffy fic a while back but got thrown off by the Faith internal narration; it turns out what I really want for Faith/Buffy fic is Buffy POV. I feel like I already know Faith inside and out, but Buffy has always been more opaque to me.
The gen ensemble fic looks interesting, though, and was posted in 2014. I am very curious to know how a gen one-shot in a dying fandom got that many kudos, so I have that one open in a tab.
I wrote the last of this story less than 24 hours before it went live, and I honestly have no idea whether it's any good. But hey, I finished it. And yay, Faith/Giles.
The Clockwork Circuit of the Stars (2099 words) by Snickfic
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Rupert Giles/Faith Lehane
Characters: Rupert Giles, Faith Lehane
Additional Tags: Post-Canon, Ritual Sex, Fuck Or Die, Slayer-Watcher Relationship
“So, Cliffnotes,” Buffy said. The table might’ve been round, but there was still no question which one of them was queen. “Slayer and watcher do the hokey-pokey, and the world keeps turning itself around.”
A long, thick, syrupy silence followed. Faith broke it by laughing, and everyone turned to glare. “What, like it’s going to be anyone except me and G?”
General things I don’t like / DNW: sexual violence or threats thereof; gore for the sake of gore; death of the POV character; trauma to eyes, hands, or teeth. Larger person physically dominating smaller one, comeplay, non-con, D/s-type punishment. Infidelity, first-person POV, crossovers (exceptions noted).
( Jupiter Ascending, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Downton Abbey, Supernatural, Saga )
* Someone asked for Spike/Buffy prompts, and I am trying to oblige, but SO MUCH Spuffy fic has been written, and I'm having trouble thinking of things I haven't seen. Most of what I'm coming up with is either verrrry Snick specific (for example, a/b/o) or things that are not new ideas, but that I just want new treatment of. I was not happy with a lot of Spuffy fic at the time for it treated their dynamic, but now I'm a lot more able to put my finger on things that bother me, most of which boil down to Spike being predatory towards Buffy and the fic treating that as both okay and IC for Buffy to put up with.
But "Write this premise lots of other people have written, only better" leaves something to be desired as a prompt. I think this person may very well end up with a space AU as one of their prompts.
(If it turns out the person with that request is on my flist, I'm going to be very amused.)
2. I just figured out that this new DW layout I got switched to recently includes tags in its archive listing. Like, if you want to see subjects for posts made in January 2014, behold! THIS IS AMAZING. Especially given my habit the last couple of years of titling posts with things like "Tuesday things."
However, out of the bunch I definitely had a couple of favorites: the hockey fic (which at 4k feels absurdly long for a treat in a 300 word exchange, but oh well) and the steampunk Meg/Castiel. Because, you know, steampunk Meg/Castiel. Even if the fic doesn't really have a plot, as such.
When In Doubt, Set It On Fire - hockey RPF, Crosby/Ovechkin, 4000 words
First Sidney tells Alex Consol's ice is cursed. Then he says he has a plan to fix it. Then he stops talking to Alex very much at all, and that's when Alex starts to get worried. -- More monster-y than actual horror, it turned out. Oh well.
bright wings - SPN, Meg/Castiel, 1200 words
Castiel has metal wings. Meg has an oil can. -- AKA the steampunk fic. :DDD
The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship - SPN, Meg + Bela friendship, 700 words
Meg goes to hell in search of loyal subjects. She thinks she may have found one. -- A treat for gryfndor_godess, with bonus Meg kvetching of Crowley's redecorating scheme. :D
Enough to Make a Girl Feel All Gooey - BtVS, Buffy/Faith, 500 words
Buffy told Faith to stay in Cleveland. Yeah, right. -- A treat for brutti_ma_buoni, theoretically an AU of the Wishverse. Yes, an AU of the AU. Hush.
wherever you go, there you are - MCU, Natasha + Bucky, 500 words
Natasha thought about the places she’d like to hide, given a choice. She ordered them by practicality, and she started at the bottom. -- My first MCU fic! Behold!
I'm not reccing because I think I've recced all the categories I can think of to rec, but if you're curious, you can go to the comm and click the little "Filter" icon at the top and filter on my username. (This works on other comms, too. I was probably on LJ six years before I noticed that feature.)
When I See You - BtVS, Buffy, Dru
It's her own reflection she sees in the mirror, but it's Dru's voice. Tricky, in a good way, to tell with this one where the character study ends and the horror begins.
Fancy Meeting You Here - BtVS, Buffy/Faith, crossdressing.
Drabble. Buffy in a bowler hat, basically. :DDDD
sunshine and showers - Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot.
Art. Baby Groot gets watered. It's so cute!
Root and Branch - Guardians of the Galaxy, Gamora/Groot.
The Gamora/Groot tentacle porn I have been pining for ever since I walked out of the theater.
That Time Ororo Knocked Up Logan - X-Men comics, Ororo/Logan
SOMEONE WROTE ME ORORO/LOGAN MPREG. This is very silly. It's only like 700 words long, and even so there are like five lines that are my favorite funny lines.
At the Centre - Hockey RPF, Sid, Geno
I had trouble coming up with hockey horror prompts, but man, this is everything I could have wanted and more. This starts out creepy and builds up to-- well, you'll have to read it yourself.
Interested? Suggestions? Comments?
In a text post, list ten FICS that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” works, or even all the same pairing or fandom, just the fics that have touched you or that stuck with you somehow. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
This somehow ended up being a sort of “Long IMPORTANT Fics” list, except when it’s instead a “Long RIDICULOUSLY IDDY Fics” list. I think if I want to make a list that has any one-shots in it at all, I’m going to have to make it an all-one-shots list to begin with. Sigh.
Should note that these are not all unqualified recs, just stuff that has stuck with me. Also, I totally broke that “don’t take but a few minutes” rule.
- Red - SPN, gen, broke my brain and put it back together and completely reshaped my idea of what fanfiction could be.
- Let Not the Sun Go Down - SPN RPF, werecats and mpreg and body identity stuff. My id, let me show you it.
- Res Gestae - SPN, Wincest, plotty sex swap with pregnancy. I read this fic before I even saw the show because it promised me mpreg. Something about the angst and circumstances have always stuck with me, especially since I AM DUMB and did not see the twist coming.
- Crow on the Cradle - SPN, nominally Sam/Jess but mostly Jess gen in which Sam goes missing pre-pilot and Jess ends up tagging along with the Winchesters to look for him. This is kroki_refur, possibly my single favorite SPN author, and this is I think the very first fic of hers I read and one that ruined me for all later Jess fic. It’s haunting and dark and heartbreaking and LONG and so, so good.
- Love’s The Burning Girl - Trek RPF, Zoe Saldana gets tired of the acting life and goes into directing. I find Zoe’s journey of self-discovery and following her ambitions just so hopeful.
- Lunch and Other Obscenities - Star Trek Reboot, Uhura and her roommate Gaila make some cultural accommodations. Girl friendship yay, but also it does something more successfully than any pro SFF I’ve read ever has: shows what it might actually be like in a society where all the taboos are centered on something other than sex. (IDK how Zoe Saldana features twice on this list; I was never even in Star Trek Reboot fandom.)
- Daemons Luminati - BtVS, S6 AU in which Spike gets raped by angels?? I’ve read this fic multiple times and was never quite sure exactly what I was reading, and I honestly have even less an idea now as time has gone on and I’ve gotten some more perspective on it, but it’s nonetheless IMO one of the true classics of Buffy fandom.
- Kindred Spirits - BtVS, the Dawn/Ethan fic so good that everyone apparently decided there didn’t need to be any more. Also the best exploration of Dawn herself and of the implications of the Key that I have ever seen. Honestly half of this list could be nwhepcat; she was a formative fannish influence for me.
- Fastening Your One Heart to Every Falling Thing - hockey RPF, the soulbonding fic with no soulbonding in it. Also the reason I am in hockey fandom and, by extension I guess, everyone I’ve dragged into it with me.
- Never Hard to Find - hockey RPF, Sid/Geno. I originally saw this recced as The One With the Ficus Plant, and by gum they were not wrong. This is also a story about two people being reeeally bad at communicating with each other and themselves in a way that doesn’t drive me crazy. But mostly: ficus.
Not listed: the rapey dystopian J2 mpreg fic that was the final nudge that got me to start watching SPN back in 2011. I am never admitting to that one in public.
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Words / Rating: 1100 words / rated G
Spoilers: through 2.22 "Becoming II"
Summary: The apocalypse means Willow's magic is getting pretty good. It isn't the only thing that's changing.
A/N: Written for the apocalyptic round of femslash_minis for snogged, who asked for the Slayer handbook, the mall, and "Little Black Holes That Open Up, Destroy Things, and Disappear."
This is a weird one, y'all. I can't really explain what's going on in the background, other than that canon's been doing quite a bit of diverging. Also that the apocalypse is treating Willow pretty well, all things considered.
( Willow waited in the double entry between the inner and outer doors, her palm hot with the banked fires of the unity orb Giles had helped her bind this morning. )
I used to think there was some complicated and mysterious alchemy that determined what my next fandom would be, but in fact it seems to boil down to two things:
1. A character I obsess over. This character has so far always been male, which might surprise some of you given my enthusiasm the last few years for female characters. Historically, though, my pattern is: fall in love with male character, get into fandom, eventually switch allegiances primarily to female characters. (Who knows what this bodes in terms of hockey fandom.)
Now, why some male characters do this for me and not others is mysterious; there are some similarities that can be drawn between Spike and Dean Winchester, but my most recent obsession is character/RL person Evgeni Malkin, who has basically no similarities with either of the other two.
2. Lots of fic already existing about said character. It turns out that I can love a character to bits and pieces, but if there isn't tons of fic to feed my interest, it withers and dies. And what's more, I need all that fic to play off of when I start writing my own, which is what rahirah really asked. Writing fic for a small/non-existent fandom is hard work, as far as I'm concerned - much harder than writing for a larger fandom. I'm not great at inventing the wheel; I will never be one of those authors on the forefront of a new fandom, blazing the trail. I need a fandom to be in conversation with.
Now, the exception to all this for me is Marvel comics.
( cut for long description of the shape of Marvel canon and fandom )
Having given you all that background, Marvel comics really does not look like the fandom for me, does it? Current fannish communities and fic are clustered largely around a handful of titles I'm not fannishly invested in, and the only male character I care all that much about, Fantomex, has like five fics on AO3.
And yet, like I said, Marvel comics are the exception to all my fannish patterns, because I've loved the female characters right from the start and because I continue to love the canon so much that I keep offering various pieces of it in exchanges and trying my hand at it. I'm pretty sure Marvel comics is never going to be my main fic fandom, because there just isn't enough concentrated community and fic. (This means when I write fic, there aren't a ton of people interested, either.) But apparently I'm going to keep plugging away nonetheless.
Now that I've said all that: What does it take for a canon to move you to writing fic/making art/getting fannishly creative? What are the secret ingredients?
That said, the fic that actually came to mind when designing this meme was this one:
Long Way Home (LJ | A03) - SPN RPF - Jared/Jensen/Genevieve - 21k, rated NC-17
I wrote this all in a huge push during October/November of 2012 for spn_reversebang, inspired by a gorgeous piece of art whose spirit didn't quite make it into the final product but kept me going anyway.
In my perfect world, everyone has written a post-apocalyptic road trip fic; this is mine. Occasionally I manage to write exactly what I want in a fic, and this is one of those: isolation, survival tactics, so much cuddling, weird new relationships built on grief. It is just as much my id on display as the Jensen/Danneel cafe fic, but a different part of it. I think when I look back years from now, this will still be one of my favorite fics I've ever written.
( the whole meme )
This is one of those rare fics that I look back on and still think turned out just about exactly how I wanted it. The premise is that River is a Slayer and has been dreaming of the past through the eyes of other Slayers. In particular, since humanity left Earth That Was, those Slayers have been getting training from a dangerous, white-haired man in a long coat. So it's a mix of dreams and River arranging events just so, so she can meet this man for herself.
I'm generally pretty happy with the dreams, and with the Firefly-voice (always tricky), and the River-logic (ditto), and the emotional note that the whole fic finally resolves on. It's a fic that manages to have a lot of heart, I think, even with the crack premise.
( all the days )
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Words / Rating: 1400 words / R for some sexiness
Spoilers / Setting: post-canon
Summary: All Dawn knows is Faith went on a memory walk, and now she's freaked.
A/N: this is for aaronlisa in the Dawn round of femslash_minis - my first time writing for that estimable and impressively long-lived exchange. (This was round 98, folks.)
Also here at AO3.
( 'You don't have to do this,' Dawn says again. )
This topic feels like it requires a few thousand words to do it justice, and I don't even know what most of those words would be. Nonetheless, off we go.
I have never had a lot of ships I feel strongly enough about to write about and read fanfic for. In fact, in terms of ships about which I am actively fannish, the list is pretty much Spike/Buffy, Faith/Giles, Meg/Castiel, Sam/Amelia, Gen/Jared, Jared/Jensen, Psylocke/Fantomex and Psylocke/Fantomex/Cluster (from X-men/Uncanny X-Force). If we also talk about fandoms I don't actively participate in, we could add Mary/Lavinia from Downton Abbey, and... I'm sure there are a couple more, but I can't think of them. Basically, it's a special ship that gets and keeps my attention after the first memory of the canon starts to fade.
I don't know that those ships listed have much in the way of common features, either. The one big one would be that most of these ships are ships that I want to work and believe would work despite major reasons why they shouldn't. A vampire in love with the Slayer, an angel who's kind of bad sweet on a demon who's kind of good, the gloriously damaged mess that is Sam/Amelia, streetwise Faith and tweedy Giles (all the better a match for having had a rebellious punk phase himself) - none of those are easy or obvious pairings, and fic that assumes they are easy does nothing to satisfy my shipping itch. What I want are ships that are hard, that might potentially clash for reasons of personality, ethics, or just age differences, but which nonetheless are shown by canon or fic to be sustainable, even joyous relationships for the people involved. There is, to me, so much hope in that; it's part of my personal need to see things built up, rather than be torn down, although of course the former is so much harder than the latter.
(The flipside is that most of my major ships have the potential for disastrous ruin, but needless to say I find fic that goes that route to be much less satisfying. :D)
The oddballs here are the RPF ships. Jared/Gen and Jared/Jensen are like relationships between paper dolls: I expect each character to maintain certain basic characteristics from one fic to the next, but beyond that it's just faces, and sometimes not even those. IDK; RPF shipping, especially the way I do it with the werebears and the space AUs, is a peculiar and inexplicable thing.
All of that isn't to say that I don't read and even write fic involving lots and lots of other ships. SPN fandom in particular has turned me into much more of a multishipper, because all the FPF pairings I like are rarepairs and have precious little fic about them. Therefore I have personally written Sam/Jo, Sam/Amy the kitsune, Sam/Tamara, Sam/Jess, Dean/Ellen, Jo/Ruby, Ellen/Rufus, and surely some others I'm not thinking of, and I've read tons more. Presently I find myself with a weakness for Kevin slash ships, which I suspect is all downjune's fault, and I am always prepared to ship Castiel/ladies. I don't hold nearly as tightly to any of these ships as I do those listed up above, but I enjoy dabbling and thinking about the what-ifs. It's fun; it's play. Every so often I even write myself into shipping something new.
*scratches head* I think that's all I've got, re: shipping. So there you have it.
Anyway, point being that I had Psylocke/Fantomex on the brain when I went to bed, which resulted in me dreaming a fairly epic Buffy/Fantomex dream this morning. It was post-Chosen, Spike was still presumed dead, Buffy has a brief grievy fling with the French dude with the swirly coat (she has a thing for them now), but when like six months later Fantomex waltzes into her life again, she is not pleased to see him.
I am not going to write this, because there are approximately two people on the entire planet that would read it. But drat, it could be so good.
* As previously mentioned, I've been wanting to read some more comics by female creators, preferably recent comics. I did a duckduckgo search and surprise, surprise, Kelly Thompson has exactly the kinds of info I wanted: two lists of her favorites in 2010, and another list of her favorites in 2011. Hurrah. I'm off to go read some comics now.
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Most Popular: Seraph - 70k of Spike-centric mpreg genfic. With lots of Spike-Dawn friendship. Yes.
Warnings: mpreg, violence and violence-related trauma from a teen's POV
Personal Favourite: It's hard to say, but maybe the untitled S6-era Spike/Buffy sonnet. S6 Spuffy is tricky to write, but this expressed my feelings about the relationship pretty well, I feel. Plus poetry! I haven't written much poetry in a long, long time, but this one I am still quite pleased with.
Warnings: destructive relationship dynamics, sexualized violence - so, regular S6 Spuffy, basically
Most Popular: What Should Really, Really Never Be, a French Mistake AU in which the SPN 'verse is normal but the French Mistake 'verse is alpha/beta/omega.
Pairing (s): All of them? :D Ships temporary, off-screen, and/or implied are Sam/Ruby, Sam/Gen, Dean/Misha, Jensen/Misha, and Jared/Gen
Warnings: a/b/o, mpreg, utter crack
Personal Favourite: I am exceedingly fond of Too Hot, Too Cold, Just Right, which is Jo/Sam a/b/o with heat sex and feelings, although those two things aren't really related. I really like this verse for how dark a direction it takes the a/b/o thing, and here in particular I think I was able to de-romanticize a lot of usual a/b/o tropes while writing an ultimately romantic fic.
Warnings: knotting, a/b/o, mentions of prior sexual trauma and sexual harrassment
Fandom: SPN RPF
Most Popular: Thermodynamics and the Modern Male - HS a/b/o AU where Jared goes into heat for the first time and has trouble adjusting
Pairing (s): Jared-Jensen friendship
Warnings: a/b/o, references to knotting and mpreg, masturbation, sex talk ranging from clinical to juvenile, crude and insensitive language, sexual harassment, bullying, extended discussion of intersex genitalia
Personal Favourite: Long Way Home - post-apocalyptic road trip AU with first-time threesomeness. This has tons of cuddle porn and hits my id in so many different ways, and it feels to me like it flows really naturally. It's a toss-up between this and the werebear 'verse which SPN RPF of mine I reread the most.
Pairing (s): Jared/Jensen/Genevieve
Warnings: lots and lots of off-screen character death
So now you should all do the meme, too, either there or here or in your own journal. Yes. :D
Account created: late 2009 (I backdated my old fics, so I don't know the exact date when I joined)
Total stories: 117
Total wordcount: 311232
Average wordcount: 2660
Longest story: Seraph at 67k - no surprise there. It still boggles me that I ever wrote something that long.
Shortest story: Supposedly Weightless is 98 words long, but Word definitely told me it was 100. AO3 frequently gives lower word counts than Word does
Total kudos: 1157
Kudos per story: 9.8
Story with most kudos: What Should Really, Really Never Be with 102, because when you write a/b/o crack meta set in the crack meta episode and tag it with mpreg and five different pairings, people read it, it turns out. (For context, my next highest has 52 kudos.)
Total comments: 210
Comments per story: 1.8
Story with most comments: Three Christmases with Miss Honey by a country mile, with 43. Because if you write holiday fluff of a children's nostalgia fandom for Yuletide, people read that, too.
Total author subscriptions: 26
Total story subscriptions: 8
Story with most subscriptions: Thermodynamics and the Modern Male, even though it's a complete fic. It's part of a series, though; I suspect people must have subscribed to it hoping to get notifs of other works in the series. Bummer for them. The only actual WIP I have on AO3, the Faith/Giles snowpocalypse one, has no subscribers.
Total bookmarks: 213
Story with most bookmarks: Three Christmases with Miss Honey again, with 33.
Stories with no comments or kudos: Lots, basically all Buffy drabbles. The two that break that pattern are Abandon Hope (the Mary Quite Contrary remix), which is my Dru character study in drabbles; and the aforementioned Faith/Giles snowpocalypse WIP. (To be fair, I very much doubt at this point that I'll finish that one. It's too bad; I've always really liked what I had.)
2. ALLLL the RPF femslash roller derby AUs.
3. A Jared/Gen Dancing with the Stars AU where he's the celebrity something-or-other and she's the no-nonsense ballroom dance pro who puts him through his paces
Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Words / Rating: 1300 words / PG-13
Spoilers: through 6.09 Smashed for background details
Summary: Dru has lost all her dollies, but she knows where to find a new one.
A/N: Written for brutti_ma_buoni for rarewomen. In her dear author letter Brutti basically dared me to write any two of her listed characters in the same fic, and this was the result. I meant for it to be gen, but it refused. Warning: I ended it with the most obvious pun imaginable, because I couldn't help myself. I AM ONLY A LITTLE BIT SORRY.
fic at AO3.